Thursday, August 6, 2009

San Diego get away

We're lucky to have a couple more days to go to San Diego,since the kiddos hadn't started football practices yet. We enjoyed our time there visiting with Mike's brother and family, sister and parents. I loved the place. The beaches reminded me to my beautiful Ecuadorean ones. We had a good time....

First thing Mike and the boys saw was a MMA Gym behind our hotel in San Diego. They went there and found these two guys "world champions" which names are: ____ and ____ (I don't remember, so I'll left the spaces to Mike to fill them in)

Then we drove South to the very end of USA. Here're some shots of the Mexico and USA border

We could see Tijuana from our side

For lunch all the family met at the Mission Bay...


and then we went to Mission beach...

but we decided to go up North to Del Mar beach... I liked this one. It was cleaner and nicer..

the fun is just starting!!

Here is Grandma going to boogieboard with the kids...

Nicole had some fast rides!

A mermaid!!!

For dinner we headed up to downtown to this place called "Dick's last resort". The style of this restaurant is the rudeness in every aspect, starting for the waitresses. The place was disgusting, you can see the floor in one of the pics. Everybody was allowed to be misbehaved. People threw paper balls to each other. Kids didn't have to show manners (only for that night!!!) So, they had a blast, well everybody except for cousin Sean. He was very serious about it. He thought we were sinning. I think he didn't like it at all...






When dinner was over. Our waiter brought these silly hats for some of the kids. Brandon's said "puberty sucks", Kyle's "I pee in my bed",,,, etc. etc.



The environment was contagious. They had a live band and Cameron and Ethan decided to go up in the front to dance with other people there... that was hillarious!

Our host and one of the servers..
One last shot outside the restaurant..

After dinner we went for a walk around Gaslamp Quarter. I loved the buildings and also remainded me to Quito and the busy nights....young people going to Clubs and walking around..

I Look how brave was Ethan letting the papagayo stood up in his head!!


At the entrance of Petco Park (Los Padres Stadium)

My silly family...

The next morning was very sunny, so we hit the beach again before coming back home...




And our last stop was at the beautiful San Diego Temple..




1 comment:

Amie said...

It was fun! I love your pictures at the temple...glad we were able to get together with you guys one last time this summer. :)